Monday, June 7, 2010

I've got CRABS!

Well, not me but my house.

Last Saturday, a neighborhood boy brought over some crabs that he collected at the beach. My boys were very excited about them. I really didn't give them a second thought. The boy left and I thought that was the end of it.

At 4:30 in the morning my son, MacGregor, comes into my room and taps me on the shoulder, "Mom, Mom, the crabs have escaped!"

"What? What crabs?"

"The ones Issiah gave us."

"What?" I had no idea that we kept them. I put them to bed and never saw them on their shelf.

Luckily, the crabs were just walking around the shelf.

But last night they escaped again and this time we can't find them. They are walking around my house and I can't do anything about it. My son feels bad because he knows that they are going to die. I explained to him that it really wasn't his fault. The crabs should never of been taken from the beach in the first place. He's just very sad about the whole thing.

My husband and I have decided to get him a turtle instead. I think he can take care of that better than a crab. Plus, I would enjoy a turtle much more than crabs.


Shel

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is funny.
    The only reason this hasn't happened to me is that we don't live near a beach.

    ReplyDelete