Friday, October 8, 2010

Out of Body Experience!

Yesterday, I was lying in bed taking a nap with my husband and I had a really weird experience that has really shaken me.

As we were lying there, I was feeling very calm and relaxed. Initially, I wasn't even sure if I was going to fall asleep, I just wanted to rest for a minute. Suddenly, I felt my body start to tingle, especially my arms and I realized that I couldn't move. It wasn't like I tried to move, I just didn't think I could if I tried. Frankly, I didn't care, I didn't want to move, I liked the feeling. I began to feel like I was rising in my body not out of it. I had this floating feeling and thought maybe I had lifted off my bed a little. I've had this feeling before and I've always liked it but this time it was a little different. I was looking out through my body. I call it the Sky-light effect. With a sky-light, you can see the sky outside but you know that you are inside looking out. You can see the outline of the sky-light so you know you are inside. Well this is what I experienced. Slowly, I began to rise closer to the sky-light or the edge of myself. As I got closer to the edge I began to hear voices coming from underneath my floating body. They were yelling "NO", "Not yet", "Your not ready", and "it's not your time." As I got closer to the edge the yelling got louder and more intense, but I didn't care. I liked the feeling and didn't want it to stop. Finally, I hit the edge. In earlier experiences once I hit the edge I always snapped back into my body but this time about an inch of my body broke through the edge. The voices sounded panicked. Suddenly, I was snapped violently back into my body. The snap was so hard it hurt and my whole body jerked as if I just fell onto my bed. My husband even asked me if I was "OK". Afterwards, I felt angry that the people jerked me back and I have this insane longing to go back.

I realized that this was so trick of the mind but it felt so real and is haunting me. I laid in bed today trying to recreate it with no success. But this desire to do it again is eating at me.

Has anyone else out there had an experience like this?

Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment