Monday, February 7, 2011

Construction

One morning in mid November we awoke to a huge leak in our living room. It had been a particularly stormy and rainy November and the tiles on our roof had been blown up in the nigh'ts storm. There was a stream of water pouring down on to our hardwood floor.


We called insurance and they came out to make a claim.

Well, it turns out that we are getting a whole new roof. They are currently fixing the ceiling in our living room. It had that nasty popcorn crap and we got that scrapped off. Now they are fixing the walls and then they will paint it any color we want. Plus, because our hardwood floors were damaged they are going to fix them too. The only problem with fixing the hardwood floors is that there are no seams in them. They are continuous through out the house so to fix that one spot they will have to do all the floors through out the whole house. Which makes me very excited.

Unfortunately, my house is a complete mess. Our living room is in our dinning room and in the hallway. I have no place to go in my own house. The only place to sit is in our bedroom. So it is needless to say that I can't do much today. Which is OK really as I'm not feeling well and I'm suppose to be resting. But at the same time I'm pulling my hair out because everything is such a mess. I can't walk down my hall without bumping into something. With any luck it will just be another week and almost everything will be done. The floor is a whole different story. When those get done we have to remove everything form the house and be out of our house for a week. That will be exciting. We are think that we should go and visit Keith's family in Utah but we'll see. We haven't heard from the insurance company about the floors yet so that whole thing is still up in the air. I know I shouldn't hold my breath but I really want my floors done.

So, it's going to be a lazy week for this lazy housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment