Monday, February 7, 2011

Laryngitis

This past Monday I wasn't feeling well. I didn't think very much about it. We had just started tech week for Cinderella which we would open on Saturday so I thought it might be nerves. I went to rehearsal and tried to take it easy but that didn't seem to help. Saturday came and my voice was bad but I thought it was better than it had been. Opening night went really well. I didn't have much of a voice and it gave out half way through my song but all in all it was a very good opening.


Sunday, I woke up and I had absolutely no voice. I tried to speak, nothing. I drank 2 cups of 'throat coat' and the Mane Stage remedy 'Gypsy Cold' and 'Echninatia'. Nothing helped. I drank apple cider vinegar and honey and all I got was an upset stomach. I had to talk my song and I could barely do that. Even just saying my lines killed my throat. I was embarransed for myself but I also felt bad for the audiance. I feel that the audiance knows when an actor isn't up to par and it's distracting to them. I was afraid I took away from the whole experience of the play. I was also afraid that I let down my cast members and directors. I hope they won't hold it against me for getting sick and not cast me in a lead role again. Being able to trust your actors is a big part of casting a show. Even though I had no voice I felt like it was a good show. My director has ordered me on vocal rest which was no surprise. I have rehearsals this week but I will just be listening not participating.

Today my voice isn't that much better. I can speak for a little while but it wornout fast. If I have no voice by Wednseday I will go to the doc to see if they could give me anything to get through the next weekend.


If there is anyone out there please pray for me. I really need my voice back.

Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment