Friday, May 21, 2010

The Father's Day Card.

My Husband, Keith, and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things for my son, Keating, 6th birthday. Keating has passed away but we always have a birthday party for him with cake, ice cream, and presents. I always get him a card, not only for his birthday but also for every Holiday.

As you can imagine our mood is solemn. We're standing there trying to figure out what kind of card Keating would like or one that reminds us of him. Then we see a Superman card. Superman is an image that reminds us of him. I pick it up and it reads:

"Even Superman needs a Hero..."

You open it up...

"...And your mine. Happy Father's Day"

It's a very sweet card. One that I would have gotten for Keith for Father's Day. But there is a problem with the card. You see, the card also speaks and when we opened it, it said:

"Your A Butthole!"

At first we thought we heard it wrong. So Keith closed it and reopened it.

"Your A Butthole!" It said again.

We closed it and reopened it again.

"Your A Butthole!"

We started laughing. I couldn't believe that it said that. I was crying I was laughing so hard. I could just imagine a father opening it up on Father's Day and the card saying:

"Your A Butthole!"

So tender!

It was just the thing I needed. Laughter is the best medicine.

Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment