Saturday, May 1, 2010

A New Dream!

OK, besides my dream of doing Theatre and singing when I grow up, my new dream is to be a writer.

I never thought I was very good at it but lately I don't care if I'm good or not. I have these stories in my head that haunt me. The characters and story lines keep me up at night. So I've decided to write them down. I've gotten a few books on writing and a subscription to Writer's Digest, which I love. I go to Writer's Digest website daily, if not several times a day. I've entered two of their weekly writing prompts and I have found them to be a lot of fun. I can't wait for next weeks prompt. They really help pull out your creativity. The prompt may be on something that I have no interest in writing on but I think that's when you really should do them. That's when your imagination get stretched. I will post my two entries here and if you have any helpful comments feel free to help me.

I don't know if I will ever get a novel published but why not dream.

I'm going to follow the wise words of Yoda "There's no try, only do!"

So I'm going to do. I'm going to write a novel. But the first step is to work on my writing. I really believe that practice make perfect, so I will keep at it.

This is the first step on my writing road.

Shelleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment