Friday, May 14, 2010

Robin Hood!

I just got back from seeing the new "Robin Hood" movie, I have to say that I"LOVED" it. It is definitely a prequel to the Robin Hood movie Scott wanted to make.

When I first heard that Russel Crow was going to be playing the part of Robin Hood, I scoffed at the idea. He's Old, how can he play Robin Hood. After seeing it, I think he is a wonderful Robin Hood. He was perfect for the story line Scott choice to go with. This isn't the sweeping romance type of movie, although I would have liked that too. It's more of an action driven movie, which I really like. Plus this movie had subtle humor, which I love.

I read the review on "Rotten Tomatoes", and I have to say "What the Hell are they talking about?" They reviewed it based on their limited knowledge of Robin Hood and on other Robin Hood movies. They didn't take this as a prequel. Apparently, they didn't read the end what was posted big on the screen in front of them, "The adventure begins anew." This was a different take on Robin Hood and it shows how he got where he was, how he became a legend. We started at the beginning of the story not in the middle. I defend my stance, that this was a great movie. A must see.

I definitely think this is a movie worth spending your money on. I know if I had the time, I would go and see it again in the theatre.

It gets *****, 5 stars from me.

Can't wait for the next one.

Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment