Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Taking a step.

Deep breath.

Today, I posted part of the first chapter of my book on two different sites. The first one was on the Brent Weeks site and then on the Writer's Digest Community. I love both these sites although I wish the Brent Weeks site was more active. Right now he is my favorite author. He is the GodKing:)

I was so scared. I'm afraid that they will say "OMG, You SUCK! Please don't write anymore!" I know that this is a completely irrational fear but it is a fear. I don't think I'm alone with this fear. My only source of comfort is that this fear means I really love what I'm doing. If you don't have that fear then you more than likely don't care deeply for what it is that you are pursuing.

I must go and force my kids to do something I would love to have more time to do: Read:)

I know what your thinking, "I'm an evil mother!" But someones got to be the bad guy.

Later,
Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment